Friday, May 8, 2015

Secret projects, Interview with Justin Stevens, Artists at CG Anomaly and Books to own

Hellloooo!

Busy Busy busy like a bee working on secret projects. I have a few things on the go so when I can show something, I will definitely post it. I had the luxury of spending time on the set of Cedar Cove recently and had a delightful day in the sun watching the entire cast doing what they do best. It's always an amazing thing when I'm in the vicinity of actors from movies and tv shows from my past who made those shows stand out in my mind because of how much I enjoyed their work. I of course can't talk about the work on the set or what my job was but it was so cool to see how beautiful Andie MacDowell has gracefully aged. She has the most delightful accent that she's known for. Sebastian Spence from First Wave looks as though he hasn't aged a day. I've always had a huge crush on him and I couldn't help myself but enjoy being in his smiling presence. Then there was Bruce Boxleitner. Another star with an accomplished background in film and tv and all the fangirl in me could think about was the fact that I was in the presence of TRON. I didn't see Babylon 5 although I hear he was incredible in that too.

Project: Big Pete's

I have a big upcoming project in the works for my favourite comic book store Big Pete's Comics and Collectibles on Lonsdale of North Vancouver. It's colourful, a lot of fun to work on and I can't wait until it's done. I'll post when it's ready for release.

Interview at Fax Expo Vancouver by the Peak @ SFU

While at Fan Expo at my booth hanging with the coolest of the cool of geeks and fans like myself I was approached by this wonderfully delightful guy who showed interest in my work, Justin Stevens. After speaking briefly he asked me if I would like to perhaps be interesting in doing an interview with him for the Peak newspaper at SFU. I was flattered by the request and gladly accepted. You can read the interview here : In the Artist's Alley with Jaime Gervais

Justin is writer who aspires to be successful in his writing career, a comic book lover and aficionado, a volunteer children's teacher and one of the coolest peeps I know. He currently writes for the Peak @ Simon Fraser University with his signature 'Boohoo/Woohoo' articles which contrast some interesting points that are a blast to read. You can read his articles right here at the Peak!

TOP Secret Project: Justin will be featuring in an upcoming secret project of mine. Details to come.

Happy Smiles at Fan Expo Vancouver! 

Meeting the Artists of my dreams at CG Anomaly Workshop

I had the most wonderful day and evening with some heavyweights of the CG industry! I finally got to meet the lovely Anthony Jones of Robot Pencil, the Master Art Director of Guild Wars Daniel Dociu, the animal anatomy master and Hollywood go-to Star Wars character creator Terryl Whitlach and got a selfie with the amazing concept artist of Tron/Turok Daryl Mandryk! Raphael Lacoste of Assassin's Creed was also killer inspiration with all the many talents of the line up at the Anomaly CG Workshop at the Planetarium. Big shout out to Brian Vidovic and his wonderful crew at EXP Bar for making this most memorable occasion happen and for most importantly making this artist truly very happy! :D

Selfie with DARYL MANDRYK! OMG!

Books

These are some amazing books that need to be owned for anyone who enjoys imaginative art. Be sure to support your local comic book stores like Big Pete's Comics and Collectibles before hitting up the big ones!

Terryl Whitlach Books





Are there any current books that I should be spreading the good word about? Let me know! Until next time - thanks for reading and continue the awesome art!

-J xo

No comments:

Post a Comment