Monday, December 22, 2014

Nickelodeon's Santa Hunters Illustrations

So back in February, I had the awesome pleasure of meeting an Art Director on the North Shore Studios lot. There's something to be said about driving or walking by this place for many years, growing up from a teen to an adult and finally being allowed to pass through the security gates. It's magical. There's this feeling of incredible creativity there. It's like I cross over into another world who welcomes the weird, abstract, conceptual and abnormal kind of people like ... me. I felt immediately accepted and understood as an artist and an illustrator and got to tour the set of the Santa Hunters production that was just released this December.

Here are some of the illustrations I produced for them.

Christmas book

Christmas book being read to the kids!

Close-up of my work on screen! 

Shea the bold - taken from my She-Ra concept

The little girl reading the comic book I made!

It's an amazing thing, seeing my work on screen for many others to see. It makes me so happy that my work went somewhere and was immortalized and captured in real time. I'll admit, I'm addicted. I want more haha.  My journey into film/tv is still going strong and I am determined to stay there. It's like a real fantasy world inside the giant buildings where all of the props and sets are made. This movie featured an amazing treehouse that I got to actually get to spend some time in. 















It was all so fast and so wonderful that I can't wait for more. Walking onto a set for me is like "magic" because that's where all the magic happens behind camera. :D 

You can digitally rent or own Santa Hunters on Amazon Play ! 


Much love and Happy New Year, Jaime 





No comments:

Post a Comment