|1min warm ups|
This particular session of Dr. Sketchy's had it's good points and not-so-good-points.
- New faces
- Unusual model
- New and clean venue
- Local Vancouver area
- $12 tix is very reasonable
- Beer and wine available to purchase
- Washrooms available
- Music was electronic chill with an overlapped recording of a woman moaning from oral sex (also a con)
- Music was too freaking loud like a nightclub
- No air conditioning, hot as hell
- Cramped space
- Lighting wasn't 360 degrees
- Model didn't rotate for us sideviewer
- Music was electronic chill with an overlapped recording of a woman moaning from oral sex (it was a con as well as a pro because as interesting as it was it was difficult focussing on drawing while having the images of a woman getting off forced into my mind's eye.
All-in-all it was a unique night out and a new experience for us to relish and reflect upon. I enjoyed the drawing and will certainly wait until the fall when it's cooler to go to another one. Oh and WITH AN EASEL. Sitting while propping up my book was murder on the wrist and the back (folding chair).
Cheers, Jaime XO